“Information capsules” about some of our experts
- Experienced show jumping, eventing, and dressage competitor. Also a level 2 equestrian coach, accredited with the national coaching accreditation scheme. Holds a Bachelor of Business in Agriculture from Curtin University. Has completed a certificate level 4 in training and assessment. Currently teaches in the Victorian School Based Program, delivering horse riding and horse management tuition to secondary school students. Formerly practical skills coordinator at Marcus Oldham College, Geelong, in the nationally recognised Diploma of Horse Business Management. Has participated in trail rides as a trail ride leader, and as a trail ride participant. Formerly the holder of an owner trainer’s license with the Victorian Racing Club. Has ridden and worked with horses in the UK and other European countries. Multiple experiences providing expert witness reports to solicitors in the area of horses people and accidents, occupational health and safety.
- Horse Behaviour Expert with PhD in Horse Behaviour and author of Multiple Scientific Publications and Textbooks. Currently spends approximately a third of his time overseas lecturing and running clinics and practical demonstrations utilising his extensive knowledge of the theory and practice of horse behaviour.
- Experienced veterinarian with knowledge of horse management practices in North Queensland and the Northern Territory. Keen polo cross player.
- Veterinary Surgeon with specialist expertise in horses and ophthalmology.
- Specialist equine veterinary surgeon who earns his living from surgical procedures performed on horses.
- Experienced racing administrator. Formerly Chief executive officer of South Australian Jockey club
- Thoroughbred Racehorse trainer with experience in Jumps racing in Australia and overseas ( Steeplechasing and hurdling) , Flat racing . One of Australia’s leading showjumping competitors in the 70s and 80s
- Dressage rider, Advanced organisational skills which have been applied to her work in equine education, equestrian competition organisation,racing administration
- Professional occupational health and safety consultant with detailed knowledge of the legislation in Australia. He also has an interest in horses.
- Accountant who specialises in work with horse owners and horse business operators. Expert in financial management of horse businesses
- Bloodstock agent who has special expertise in the buying and selling of racehorses, stallions, broodmares, weanlings, yearlings , foals through the auction system and by private treaty
- Expert in the transportation of horses by road and air
- Practising equine veterinarian , past president of the Australian Equine Veterinary association ( now renamed Equine Vets Australia), who has experience working on horse breeding farms prior to graduation as a veterinary surgeon
- Scientist with expertise in horse nutrition
- Veterinary pharmacologist who can appear at drug enquiries where a “positive swab” has been ‘called’.